Blog

PMI Group Filing Bankruptcy After Arizona Regulators Took Over Operations

On November 24, PMI Group Incorporated entered into bankruptcy filing after the mortgage insurer lost in the court case to undo the takeover by the Arizona regulators. The mortgage and insurance company that is based in Walnut Creek, California, listed its assets of $225 million and debts of $736 million in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing petition that was filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware.

The Arizona Director of Insurance took control of the main unit of the PMI group last month, while directing claims to be paid at $.50 on the dollar because of huge losses on mortgage defaults that drained the company’s finances.

The Arizona regulators action and seeking receivership of MIC, has forced the PMI group into filing bankruptcy in order to maximize its value of the bankruptcy estate and the creditors. The Arizona Department of Insurance had previously told PMI to stop sales of any new policies and to stop paying interest payments on the $285 million of surplus notes.

Prior to the bankruptcy filing, the PMI Group insured mortgages, paying the lenders after a homeowner defaulted and a foreclosure failed to recover enough to pay the mortgage. The company has continued to lose money since the beginning of the real estate slump starting back in 2007. According to S&P/case Shiller index, home prices have dropped 31% since their peak in 2006.

9 Responses to PMI Group Filing Bankruptcy After Arizona Regulators Took Over Operations

1. says:

I am only commenting to make you understand what a remarkable encounter my girl went through reading through yuor web blog. She even learned so many things, which included how it is like to have a great teaching style to let others clearly thoroughly grasp specified grueling subject areas. You really exceeded her expected results. Many thanks for showing the powerful, safe, informative as well as fun guidance on that topic to Gloria.

2. says:

My brother recommended I may like this blog. He was totally right. This put up actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

3. says:

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include almost all important infos. I’d like to see more posts like this .

4. says:

I would like to to have the same blog as you but i don`t know how to make it. Maybe you can tell me? I`ve been asking few people but they can`t explain me how to do it.

5. says:

Chances are there is a bteetr way out. I would start by listening to Dave Ramsey’s radio show or the archived radio show on the link below.No, I don’t work for the guy. I just like what he has to say.

6. says:

Excellent read, I retnecly passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And the man actually bought me lunch because I discovered it for him smile So ok , i’ll rephrase that: Many thanks for lunch!

7. says:

What i do not understood is actually how you’re not really much more well-liked than you may be right now. You’re so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from a lot of varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

8. says:

Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I would like to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and not at all appear to get one thing done.

9. says:

Hey there, You’ve done a great job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.